If Texas A&M’s Cedric Ogbuehi goes in the first round of next April’s NFL Draft, it would make three straight seasons an Aggie offensive tackle was selected on the first day. Horrible teams, start your engines! The race for the number one overall pick in next April’s NFL draft has begun. Five teams are 2-11: Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Oakland and the New York Jets. Which leads me to believe each of the Top 5 selections will be either a quarterback or defensive lineman.
Indeed, defensive lineman will be the story of the first round, where as many as 12 could be selected (a modern era record).
The NFL Games Draft has become a nice appetizer before our main course in September. A mock version of said draft is meant to educate, and even entertain. At very least, it helps you pass the time.
What follows is an early attempt at figuring out the best players available for next season’s draft class, and which teams they’d match up well with.
1) Tampa Bay (2-11) – Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon, Jr.
2) Tennessee (2-11) – Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska, Jr.
3) Jacksonville (2-11) – Leonard Williams, DT, USC, Jr.
4) N.Y. Jets (2-11) – Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State, So.
5) Oakland (2-11) – Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama, Jr.
6) Washington (3-10) – Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa, Sr.
7) N.Y. Giants (4-9) – Shane Ray, OLB/DE, Missouri, Jr.